Information for Everyone
Barrier-free: Accessible Website
In principle, the internet is designed to be used by everyone regardless of technical equipment, age, location, or ability. When the Web meets this goal, it is accessible to people with a diverse range of hearing, movement, sight, and cognitive ability. This web site was designed and coded by people with physical disabilities working in the Webwerk group of the Pfennigparade WKM GmbH. Here people with different abilities work together in a highly integrative environment. They plan, design, and code web sites. They produce content from text to pictures to video clips. Furthermore a group of highly qualified testers on digital accessibility, certified for the BITV/WCAG standard, conduct certification tests and counsel developers and editors on accessible web sites. The Webwerk professionals know exactly how it feels to cannon into the digital barriers on the Web. So we programmed this site to ensure that everyone is able to access the news and information:
- The web site is responsive so it can be viewed on any device.
- All text has enough contrast for mobile users or people with seeing problems to read it.
- Headings have the respective logical structure to be recognized by screen readers for the blind.
- To all graphics, that transport information, subtitles are added.
- The whole website can be navigated by keyboard only.
These are the most important features that make the site accessible.
Webwerk of the Pfennigparade WKM GmbH
Pfennigparade WKM GmbH